Tuesday, February 17, 2015

God Always Has a 2nd Tow Truck

As I was driving to MC3 this morning, I noticed a most unusual sight: A police car, being towed by a tow truck, that was being towed by a tow truck.  As confusing as it sounds, it was even more confusing to witness.  I turned the corner, and then realized that this opportunity was too good to pass up, so I made a quick u-turn and snapped this photo:


As comical as this may look, it reminded me of two things:

1.  Those who help others will, at times, need help themselves.  The longer I work in ministry, the more I realize the value of tending my own spiritual health.  This happens with scheduled times of rest and by allowing others to speak words of encouragement, affirmation, and reproof into my life.  May I never be too proud to utter the phrase, "I'm in over my head!", "I need help!", or "I don't know what to do!"

2.  No matter how bad things may be, there is always a rescue.  When your life falls apart and you can't give anymore (police car) and your go-to-solution fails (1st tow truck), it is easy to forget that the God we serve is the same God who rescued the Israelites by splitting a SEA in half when they were surrounded by Pharaoh's army.   God always has a 2nd tow truck waiting in the wings.  God is always at work around us.

You have an enemy that wants you dead; but take heart, believer, for our God is greater!

And He said to them, "Come away by yourselves to a desolate place and rest a while."  For many were coming and going, and they had no leisure even to eat.
~Mark 6:31

"Even to your old age and grey hairs, I am He; I am He who will sustain you.  I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you."
~Isaiah 46:4