Monday, February 16, 2015

Wind Changes Everything

Wind can change a lot of things.  This past weekend high winds created whiteout conditions which resulted in many changed plans.  My family had to scrap our arrangements to attend a children's concert in St. Joe.  Our church cancelled weekend services.  Cars in the ditch, emergency teams and road crews in turmoil, travel bans across all five counties, and to top it off, my wife and I had to call off our Valentine's Day reservations and hunker down in our home.

All of this from a 45 mph wind.

After this weekend, you would be hard pressed to find someone in Michiana who would say "Nah, the wind doesn't affect my life."

Would we be as hard pressed to find members in the church who excitedly proclaim, "The Spirit of God has transformed my life and affects everything I do!"

In light of this, here is my prayer:

God, I want your Holy Spirit to move across GCC, to move through your church, in a mighty way.  I desire that your name be lifted high across Michiana; so that it is unmistakable, undeniable, the power of your glory.  I ask God, that you would change all of my plans to obediently follow the moving of your Spirit.  Let every part of my life be directed by the eternally strong breeze of your still, small voice.  Bring us to know your power.  We wait expectantly for the blizzard of our souls.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

The wind blows wherever it pleases.  You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going.  So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.
~John 3:8